Common Issues raised
- Empty Shops in Batemans Bay – can we attract new businesses?
- Batemans Bay as a Drawcard – what are we known for and how do we promote this?
- Tourism – are Council and Tourism operators improving Tourism?
- Tourism Signage and CBD signage is lacking.
- Continuous Shared walkway/footpath not complete, poor footpath conditions, need to consider both in terms of access.
- Impact of new bridge works on town and business.
- Mackay Park Development – concerns over consultation process, concept design, 25 v 50 m pool, Will it be multi-use for arts and events?
- Use of old bridge – what can we use it for maybe a dive attraction?
- Design of new bridge – will it be iconic?
- Issues of Water and Sewerage at Nelligen.
- Poor Phone, mobile and internet coverage particularly north at Maloneys / Long Beach areas
- Erosion issues at Surfside
- Local Parks – condition of Albert Ryan Park and Surf Beach pedestrian crossing, foot bridge, parking and facilities.
Maloneys Beach – 6 November 2017
- Phone and internet
– Mobile coverage still not improved – risk to emergency services – OPTUS and Telstra equally bad
– NBN available however speed is slow and phone service is poor – 100mb with actual speed of 25 mb – waiting on others to join to help improve upgrades to service
– Phone service is intermittent
– Bridge breakdown is concerning – emergency access, exacerbated by phone service, accessible walkway
- Paddleboard operation – summer weather, 3 x locations
- Sea rise
– Retrogate – inundation issues
– Property loss – no compensation
– DA Issues 149.2
– Owners not allowed to protect property
– Euro higher than Bega and Shoalhaven
– Council Rep advised that this is being discussed
– Erosion on Surfside
– Minimal designed structure
– changes to break wall
– faster current
– sand dragged out to river mouth
– poor solution at present
– surfside in real trouble with minimal wave protection
- Food van regulation – to be clarified
- Mackay Park – needs consultative approach
- Batemans Bay Hospital
– Is it closing?
– Big concern for community and for Allied development
- Broulee Private Hospital? where is this at?
- Albert Ryan Park? Resolved in 2 weeks?
- Pathway Review
– Yet to be released by council
– not a lot happening due to budget limitations
– high priority for Cullendulla Crossing
Nelligen – 7 November 2017
- Water and Sewerage
– water getting critical (C/Park) 7 x loads per day
– Sewerage – pollution issue
– Council – no clear plan for upgrade
– Council – have employed an engineer consultant to do design to seek funding for sewerage and water (stage 2 bay ridge to fund storage for Nelligen)
- Increased boat and long vehicle parking
- new roadwork’s speed limit of 80kph – advised it should be 100 kph
- 80kph speed limit a concern due to foot traffic security
- events needs more support
- Caravan and Camping show return to Batemans Bay is not secured
Batehaven – 8 November 2017
- Balance of local tourism and business
- Bay is a regional hub and needs to be recognised as one
- Batehaven signage – roads and shops- response from responsible agencies required eg: RMS, Council, Council signage plan???
- Speed zones around area a concern at Glenella Rd – Batemans Bay High School
- Lighting at Corrigans Park and Playground not always on
- Business Start Ups – need to know more what is on offer
- Enticing business to the bay – is chamber involved and supporting pop-up stores also?
- What are Batemans Bay Drawcards? needs promoting
- Focusing on older and active generation and promoting to this demographic
- Tourism budget for Eurobodalla is 1.2 mil enough and where does it go?
- Inclusion and promotion of local Indigenous culture
- Pool development – 25 v 50 metres?
- Creating other industry on top of tourism for area
- Promotion of the Botanic Gardens more
- Surf Beach Crossing and parking at shops is a concern
- Public bikes could they be installed along beach road areas?
- Traffic management at roundabouts in north Bay needs looking at over peak seasons
Denhams Beach – 8 November 2017
- Public Bin at sculpture needs removing
- Surf beach Park – issues with poor access due to tree roots and pathway quality
- Surf Beach shops and pedestrian access across Beach Road is required and replacement of the footbridge near shops on footpath area
- Surf Beach grassed areas for parking overflow needs restoration including the footbridge
- Shared pathway funding is needed- can Andrew Constance help with this?
- Street seating in general
- Using t he old Bay Bridge as tourist drawcard due to iconic status
- Heritage structures around bay need promotion and attention – we are knocking them down and not keeping them
- speed limits there are many variations in the bay along Beach Rd
- What is the future of the tip and sewerage area? Is there a possible re-location ?
- Roundabouts needs attention for beautification work
- Road side clearing of trees what is the reason behind this?
- Fence at Surf Beach for restoration of dunes needs attention or removal
- Bus Stop at George Bass Dr and Silverdell needs attention for access
- Surf Beach shops car park is difficult to access and has several minor accidents. Main road and Explorers way need attention to car parking and access
- Headland Walk is in poor condition up from Denhams Beach with lots of erosion
Malua Bay – 10 November 2017
- Hotel development at Malua Bay – approved to start with 54 rooms, chain operation and 3 x stories
- Marina at Bay – is this going to expand or more development?
- Tourism – offering of activities is needed, some poor accommodation has been reported – council has appointed a Tourism Manager
- Rental costs in the CBD are high – hard to get business to start up and controlled by landlords
- Mackay Park
– Swimming Pool 25 v 50 m
– Arts community?
– Multi use venue design options?
– Community Consultation?
- Garbage bins at sculpture need removing
- Marina Development – under improvements
- Chamber proposal for Pier for Cruise ship access
- Roads – concerns on traffic at cross roads, what is happening with Glenella Rd bypass to highway?
- Dive Reef – can we use the old Bay bridge as a dive site?
- Bowling Alley in town would be great to see
- Shared walkways required for safe access
- Restaurant and bar could be put in at the Surf Club at Malua Bay
- More events in the area
Batemans Bay – 13 November 2017
- Impact of new bridge on town and commerce
- local job opportunities for new bridge work?
- access of bridge for elderly and pedestrians
- Retention of part of the iconic bridge
- Are there 2 x lanes into North Street from Highway?
- Pontoons north of bridge – water taxis, more pier access and tourism activities along the river needed
- Tourism traffic is missing Clyde Street and town – no signage or engagement of traffic from highway
- Visitor information in Clyde St / Foreshore – what is the vehicle access to Clyde St from Bridge?
- Bus Bay access – impact on business in Clyde St from new bridge
- Activate the foreshore in Clyde Street
- Christmas decorations in the bay are pathetic! no shop fronts dressed up, prizes could be given for best display in shops etc
- Mackay Park – consultation process and public meetings have been a waste of time
- Pool 25 m v 50 m – not consultation with swimming groups, schools etc
- Concern of rates effect from Mackay Park development
- 22/11/17 Meeting Perfex – BBay Community Centre – Pool Party is Welcome
- Albert Ryan Park decision of decommissioning of toilets
- Single Rallying Phrase – “No more nice guy” catch phrase
- $47 Mil for a pool no ones wants – fight for the next generation
- Given up on current pool – closed at 2pm and don’t sell goggles or hot chips
- Current pool is White Elephant
- Worries of heat and chlorine of new pool
- 6 months turnaround for sports infrastructure decisions
- Pool street march and pack the pool?
- More promotion for local shop front – competition for attending shops with prizes to find Christmas items and include promotion for January
- Concerns of current proposal for Mackay Park pool as a white elephant
- Public square fountain and chairs
- Rates economically sound model
- 3 hours worth of analytical time?
- Town Beach – deck chairs and umbrellas, no reason for tourists to turn into North Street
- Attractive and pretty town centre
- Accumulative affect of lots of small contributions by individual retailers
- Ross Report – Public Parks, BB Rotary Park, Albert Ryan Park – community prepared to contribute to beautification
- Single voice for issues such as Mackay Park, empty shops, high unemployment, age discrepancy
- Sydney Food Bowl to Euro Bowl
- If you don’t do anything about our future, no reason to complain
- United Voice – negate ‘divide and conquer’ mentality and get together.
- Gateway ??
- Street scaping looks good
- Christmas Markets at night
- NB roll out in town